[47962] trunk/dports/net

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 12 14:38:18 PDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 13:58, Uwe Schwartz wrote:

>>> Well, I am not sure. There are changes in the Portfile so I
>>> increased
>>> the revision to 1. But for users it's not really necessary to
>>> update.
>>
>> The rule of thumb that I've heard is that if it doesn't modify the
>> files
>> being generated then it ought not be increased.
>>

> Okay, there are no file changes. So revision change is not necessary.

I already committed it with the revision bump before reading these
messages.

There are valid reasons for increasing the revision even if the files
installed do not change, for example if the dependencies change, or
if the default variants change. The latter is why I didn't remove the
revision increase, though in this case I don't particularly care one
way or the other.