ui_msg

C. Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:00:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht <brad at pixilla.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone else who thinks it would be nice to collect ui_msg and
> display the messages at the very end of the port run?
>
> Or make it an option? Or is there a way to do this already?

+1.

This one is on my personal wish list for a while now.
Ideally these would end up in the users email inbox,
imho, but a separate log file would do as well. Email
might be tricky as well, since most people are not really
prepared to just have running MTA.

Message should still very much be plain text style/email in that
they give instructions on what to do after a certain
server was installed or upgraded, and similar things.
The most common thing is probebly the pointer to the
launchd plist.

Florian