Deprecation of options (was: Re: [MacPorts] #17349: svn.tag should be called svn.rev)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Mar 16 23:02:25 PDT 2009

On 2009-03-17 04:53, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> And I wasn't aware of option_deprecate.

It was dead code before, but I revived it and made it actually work.

I also would like to deprecate livecheck.check and rename it to
livecheck.type in the same way for consistency with other phases. This
will affect a lot of ports, but I think we can simply work that out with
one mass-change after 1.8.0 is released.

Anything else to consider while I am at it?

Rainer