[48432] trunk/dports/irc/irssi-devel/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 23 18:57:45 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 09:49, Toby Peterson wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:30, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there might be a deprecation warning already. I
>> don't
>> think we should have a deprecation warning until after we've
>> released a
>> version of MacPorts including the new option name (so, after 1.8 is
>> released).
>
> It's deprecated if you're running trunk. No warning for 1.7 users.

Right, and I am suggesting that we remove the deprecation warning for
svn.tag from trunk again, and not re-add it until the next version of
MacPorts has been released which includes svn.revision. Because
svn.tag *is not* deprecated today. svn.tag is in fact the only way to
accomplish that today. Nobody, not even those running trunk, should
be led to believe that they should replace instances of svn.tag with
svn.revision today, because they should not; doing so would break
things for those not running trunk.