Universal and binary builds (was: Re: Is isysroot useful for non-universal?)

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Mon Mar 23 20:16:39 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
[...]
> We could also resume building RPMS, if someone wants to spend
> some time on that. The build script could probably produce both
> archives and packages in the same run, from the same destroot.

RPM may be appealing to many for various reasons and I won't argue that.

Apple has created the package format for distributing binaries and it
is familiar to most users and does not require any additional software
be installed.

If macports binaries were packaged in osx package format wouldn't that
be more native and there by more attractive then rpms?

//Brad