no comments on my port submission yet?

Allen McBride allencmcbride at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:13:48 PDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:48 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Looking at the Portfile right now, we do not have a top-level category
> education [1]. What would be the best next match? Maybe we should
> really
> have education?
>
> Rainer
>
> [1] http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/

I see... I had been looking at the categories at http://www.macports.org/ports.php
  when I picked "education".

I guess "audio" or "games" would be the next best matches, since
there's no "music" category either.  But "audio" makes me think of
programs that would edit or process audio files as their main
function, which isn't what solfege is for.  And, though ear training
can be fun if you're really into it, calling solfege a "game" is also
a stretch.

Having an "education" or "music" category would make sense to me, but
then, you'd know better than I would whether there would be enough
other ports to justify either category.

Thanks for the response!  Let me know if you see any other issues with
the portfile.  For quick reference, here's a link to the last message
in the thread about my trace mode results: http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-March/014347.html

--Allen