Cleaning up during uninstall and submitting Portfile

Anand Buddhdev anand at buddhdev.name
Tue Mar 31 09:00:21 PDT 2009

Hello again devs,

Thanks for your help with advice on which openssl to use. So I've
created a Portfile for NSD 3.2.1, placed it in a local ports
repository, and used it to install the package on my system. The
package builds, installs and runs just fine.

So when I uninstalled the package, all the installed files were
removed. However, the install process created 2 directories in the
pre-destroot phase using "xinstall". These 2 directories are not
removed during the uninstall phase. Is there any kind of
post-uninstall hook to do this kind of cleanup? It would also be
useful to remove users and groups created during package installation.

Finally, I'm happy with my Portfile, so I'd like to submit it into
Macports. How do I do that? Do I need an account on a server
somewhere?

Regards,

Anand