[MacPorts] Tickets modified

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu May 7 04:08:19 PDT 2009

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 4, 2009, at 18:40, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> My idea was to propose to make more use of keywords in our bug tracker
>> to fight the never-ending amount of open tickets [1]. But now I realize
>> that maintainers without commit access would also not be able to set
>> such keywords...
>
> Are you saying regular users cannot modify tickets' keywords? Maybe we
> should let them do this? I'm pretty sure regular users can already add
> any keywords they want at ticket creation time, so why not let them
> modify keywords later?

This would be the same reason they cannot assign tickets to others, edit
the CC field (why Bill has written the "CC Me!" plugin) or mark tickets
as closed.

As far as I know we only could give them access to all fields, not to
some specific values.

And yes, they can specify keywords at filing new tickets, but editing is
limited to committers.

Rainer