fetch aliases?

nox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:20:48 PDT 2009

First, you should give a name to the master site:

variant somedata {
	master_sites-append http://example.com:foo
	distfiles-append file1:foo file2:foo ...
}

This way port won't try to fetch the extra distfiles from the main
master site.

For the extract phase, you need to set extract.only before appending new
distfiles:

variant somedata {
	eval extract.only ${distfiles}
	distfiles-append ...
}

On a last note, you don't need to separate the checksums of the
distfiles appended by the variant
from those of the main distfile, I think keeping checksums together is
easier on the eyes and brain:

checksums	[suffix ${distname}] \
			checksums of the main distfile
		extra_file_1 \