fetch aliases?

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Mon May 11 11:37:28 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM, nox <n.oxyde at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, variants and other code blocks already imports
> every defined variable into the local scope, so you don't need
> to use global.
>
> Le 8 mai 09 à 20:07, Darren Weber a écrit :
>
>  <snip/>
>>    global itkDataPath
>> <snip/>

I'm getting a little confused.  There must be some discussion of this in
another thread.  It may be that in some places I've defined a variable
within a variant and it doesn't pass into the post-destroot of that variant,
so even though the syntax appears to wrap the post-destroot within the
variant, that's not actually what happens.  That is, this fails:

variant foo {
  set myPortLibPath ${prefix}/lib/myPort
  configure.args-append  LIB=${myPortLibPath}
  post-destroot {
     move ${build.dir}/bin/*.dylib ${myPortLibPath}
  }
}

However, I think what your saying is that this works for both the variant
and the post-destroot, without global:

set myPortLibPath ${prefix}/lib/myPort

variant foo {
  configure.args-append  LIB=${myPortLibPath}
  post-destroot {
     move ${build.dir}/bin/*.dylib ${myPortLibPath}
  }
}

Thanks, Darren