Port depends Qt4-XXX

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 13 17:07:52 PDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 12:59, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> If a port uses Qt 4, should I provide variants for which qt4 (kde,
> mac, x11) it uses?

qt4-kde exists only because kde ports are currently incompatible with
qt4 4.5. So qt4-kde was created for version 4.4. Presumably if your
port is a kde port, you will need to use qt4-kde. And if your port is
not a kde port, you should not use qt4-kde.

As for qt4-mac vs qt4-x11, I'm not sure how other ports have been
handling that. You could grep the portfiles to find out.