Panther tickets

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Thu May 21 10:28:12 PDT 2009

Not that my opinion matters, but here it is anyway.

I have basically quit attempting to use Macports, though I
still pay some attention to the list. Long ago it became
obvious to me that Macports was more about surfing the bleeding
edge than about developing and maintaining useful software ...
much as is the case with Apple itself. Apple has a motive:
selling new stuff. What the Macports motive is escapes me.

There are lots of old Macs out there. Having a solid base of
open source software available for them would be a tremendously
useful thing. Unfortunately, IMHO, Macports has let the
opportunity to do that die in the wakes of the surf boards.
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company