How to build an xcode project

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 27 13:15:44 PDT 2009

On May 27, 2009, at 11:50, Darren Weber wrote:

>> Dyld Error Message:
>>   Library not loaded: @executable_path/../
>> Frameworks/LuaObjCBridge.framework/Versions/A/LuaObjCBridge
>>   Referenced from: /Applications/MacPorts/Hex Fiend.app/Contents/
>> MacOS/Hex Fiend
>>   Reason: image not found
>

> I don't see any ports for the Lua-ObjC bridge framework.  Maybe
> someone with more experience with xcode builds can resolve the
> issue, so I have committed a new Portfile under 'editors/hexfiend/
> Portfile' in the hope it will stimulate further work on it.

Based on the error message, it seems to be looking for a framework
called LuaObjCBridge.framework to exist inside the Hex Fiend
application bundle, but the contents you showed earlier does not show
any such framework. Perhaps there is a separate target in the Xcode
project that builds this framework. Or maybe you need to ask the
developers of Hex Fiend how to get this framework built.