[51564] users/dweber

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 28 15:35:07 PDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 14:52, Darren Weber wrote:

> All good points, thanks.  I was not aware of the user svn facility
> until a few days ago.  I've been working on various things for
> several months, in a local repository.  I didn't want to lose any
> of those files, so they were all added to my user svn yesterday.
> Many of those local repo files, like the qt4-mac and postgresql
> ports, are certainly outdated.

I figured that's probably how this came about. And there wouldn't
have been an automated way to have it now retroactively figure out
what revisions of each port you had based your changes on and make
"svn cp"ies of them correctly now. It would have been an involved
manual process.

> I've had a nagging thought in the back of my mind about merging
> changes into the macports-trunk, so I do need education on how to
> do that from my user svn.  Is this stuff covered in the developers
> section of the wiki?  I don't recall reading it before.  I was
> working on the basis of the local repository information at:

I don't think that's covered. How to use Subversion for merging
changes is best learned by reading the Subversion book:

http://svnbook.org/