[51564] users/dweber

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 29 10:00:07 PDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 17:44, Darren Weber wrote:

> I did manage my local ports repo with cvs on my local machine.  It
> might be possible to track back to the initial version of the file
> in my cvs and find a match for it in the macports trunk.  Extra
> work, are the benefits worth it?  When I thought the local repo
> versions were doing what I wanted, I did submit some trac tickets,
> so maybe the changes were adopted (maybe not).   I don't recall the
> ticket numbers, but they could be found easily enough.  I've gotta
> get back to real work, I've done way too much on vtk and
> InsightToolkit in the last few months.  Hopefully, I'm now set to
> develop some useful things based on that foundation.  I may come
> back to the other port modifications (like postgresql, qt4-mac), if
> necessary.

My concern was just if you plan to contribute your changes back to
the maintainer to be incorporated into the official portfile, what
mechanism will you use to provide a diff of your changes? Since you
have not used "svn copy" you can't use "svn diff" to do it for you
and will have to either manually compare the official port and yours
and risk missing a change, or figure out what version of the official
port you based your changes on and do diff. But the whitespace
changes you've also been committing to your local copies will make
that less useful than it might otherwise be.