how to merge my users svn Portfile into macports trunk?

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Fri May 29 17:24:21 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 01:20:40PM -0700, Darren Weber said:
[...]
> Tried the following:
>
> $ svn merge \
>
> https://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/users/dweber/graphics/InsightToolkit/Portfile\
>
> https://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit/Portfile\
>   macports-trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit/Portfile
> --- Merging differences between repository URLs into
> 'macports-trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit/Portfile':
>    C macports-trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit/Portfile
> svn: Attempt to add tree conflict that already exists

Don't merge from remote to remote, you want to be sitting in the checkout
for your merge-to target (.../trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit in this
case) and merge from where you've been doing your work.  So something like

$ cd /path/to/macports/checkout/trunk/dports/graphics/InsightToolkit
$ svn merge http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/dweber/graphics/InsightToolkit

The reason for doing it like this is so that you can review changes before
committing, and if there are any conflicts you will have to resolve those
prior to comitting.

Bryan