Building imaptest and a port

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 30 07:30:09 PDT 2009

On 2009-05-29 20:52, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On May 29, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>> If I remove the CLICOLOR variable, it will build fine.  Since I have
>> had MacPorts build so many things, and never had this issue, I was
>> hoping someone here can explain to me how to make sure MacPorts does
>> not get hung on this issue.
>

> Macports does some cleaning of environment variables before building
> software.

I think that does not help here... The configure script is executed in a
new shell which sources the user's .bashrc (as /bin/sh is bash).
Therefore CLICOLOR=1 is in the environment there.

I really don't understand why autotools is relying on `ls` in the shell
here and not using `which ls` to avoid aliases. I tried to reproduce the
problem with CLICOLOR=1 in my .bashrc, but this alone did not cause any
error. Did you alias ls to something?

Rainer