DVCS for MacPorts Project?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 31 00:13:18 PDT 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 07:50, Akira Kitada wrote:

> It seems Git and Mercurial just think keyword substitutions are't so
> useful, and even it hurts, maybe.
> So if there were a report on that, I wonder it will be fixed.

Wonderful. So they knowingly distribute a client that does not
conform to the client/server agreement.

If we care enough to prevent these malformed commits from getting
into our repository, we can write a pre-commit hook to prevent them.

> By the way, I also do not find $id$ is so useful. I just use it
> because MacPorts Guide recommends it.

Thank you for abiding by the guideline. The $Id$ keyword has been
useful to me many times already, in looking at modified portfiles
submitted in Trac tickets, to determine what revision of the original
portfile the new one was based on.