openssl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 31 11:56:26 PDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 12:50, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I'm befuddled:
> bash-3.2# port installed|grep openssl
>   openssl @0.9.8j_0
>   openssl @1.0.0-beta1_0 (active)
>
> bash-3.2# port info openssl
> openssl @0.9.8k (devel, security)
>
> Was openssl @1.0.0-beta1_0 removed from macports?

Yes, I believe it was found to cause problems so it was removed.

> I'm attempting to bump local versions for p5-net-ssleay which
> starts to download openssl,  @0.9.8j_0 I presume.

If you "port upgrade openssl" it should uninstall 1.0.0-beta1_0 and
install 0.9.8k_0.

> bash-3.2# port deps p5-net-ssleay
> p5-net-ssleay has build dependencies on:
> 	openssl
>
> What should I do now? Maybe add a local openssl @1.(current beta)?
>
> I'm a little nervous. I need and am currently using openssl on this
> system. Having ssl problems would be for me.

You should probably allow MacPorts to do what it's doing. Unless you
specifically require openssl 1.x, in which case, you should speak
with the maintainer about the issues that caused its removal and see
what can be done to resolve them.

After 0.9.8k is installed, you may need to forcibly rebuild any ports
that had linked with 1.0.0.