PortGroup Perl

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Fri Nov 13 14:42:27 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 05:31:14PM -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Eric Hall wrote:
> > 	The basic idea is to have perl5 continue to
> > default to perl5.8
>
> This is probably OK for now, but we should really think about just defaulting to perl 5.10 ...

	Yes.  That'd be the part of the plan that didn't
make it from my brain to my fingers...
	My idea is to get through this set of changes so we
can do further and more wide-spread testing using perl5 as perl5.10
without altering perl5 (as perl5.8) for everyone who doesn't want
to test.  Then we can do the switch to defaulting to perl5.10.

		-eric