Supporting Tiger Forever?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Nov 26 04:03:06 PST 2009

On 2009-11-26 22:50, Michael Crawford wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> It occured to me recently that there could be a lot of benefit to both
> MacPorts and to the Mac user community, if you were to commit to
> supporting Mac OS X Tiger for a long time, if not forever.

Anyone is free to submit patches to keep base and/or ports working on
any OS release they like. The policy of primarily targeting the two most
recent OS releases is unlikely to change, but that's really just a
suggestion; the actual level of support for any given OS is entirely up
to the maintainers.

- Josh