Suggestion on auto ticket filing

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Nov 26 21:46:03 PST 2009

The gsoc logging project assists us in that the log is already available---no more need to rerun with debug mode.

It also provides the path to the log file (copy/paste into Finder).

As for the port field and ticket owner, we can likely have a script auto-assign (and CC) the ticket based on the port field, and we could require the port to be set for ports-based tickets (the default, type I believe).

These requirements should cause people to read the instructions since the tickets won't submit without making sure they've added the port, but it will also remove the need for them to mark the owner.

While we're at it, we might consider logic to test that the reporter/owner isn't a CC.