[58577] trunk/dports/net/tuntaposx

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 02:56:37 PDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 04:52, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-10-01 11:44 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> -# doesn't build 64-bit
>>> -configure.universal_archs-delete x86_64 ppc64
>>> +configure {
>>> +	if {[variant_isset darwin_10] && ![variant_isset universal]} {
>>> +		# Kernel can be 32-bit or 64-bit, so build both
>>> +		configure.cflags-append -arch i386 -arch x86_64
>>> +	}
>>
>> Is that different from what would happen if you selected the
>> universal
>> variant? Or would it make sense to just use "default_variants
>> +universal" on Snow Leopard?
>
> A platform statement cannot modify default_variants as at the
> evaluation
> time the variants are already selected.
>
> I could have put that in a conditional block checking for os.major,
> but
> that would leave out any indication in the resulting installation that
> the build has been modified for SL.

Whereas now, it looks like you're building a universal binary, but the
universal variant is not selected. That's something I've typically
filed bugs about in the past.

Would you consider:

platform darwin 10 {}
if {[variant_isset darwin_10]} {
	default_variants +universal
}

Would that not have the same effect as what you do, but also indicate
in the variants that this is a universal build?