architecture wanted: ppc7400

Kjell Konis kjell.konis at epfl.ch
Thu Oct 1 10:04:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

I just upgraded to 1.8.1 and when it tried to upgrade freetype it
borked. I am using a 1GHz pb G4 runnning OS X 10.4.11 (hey, it still
points doesn't it!?) which I guess is now unsupported - still I
thought this might be a bug someone is interested in.

Cheers,
Kjell

--->  Computing dependencies for freetype.
--->  Fetching freetype
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for freetype
--->  Checksumming freetype-2.3.9.tar.bz2
--->  Checksumming freetype-doc-2.3.9.tar.bz2
--->  Extracting freetype
Error: You cannot install freetype for the architecture(s) ppc
because /MacPorts/lib/libz.dylib does not contain the architecture
ppc7400.
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: incompatible
architectures in dependencies
Warning: the following items did not execute (for freetype):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.extract org.macports.patch
org.macports.configure org.macports.build
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade pango failed

pumkin:~/Documents/MacPorts admin$ lipo -info /MacPorts/lib/libz.dylib
Non-fat file: /MacPorts/lib/libz.dylib is architecture: ppc