confusion in base regarding [option os.arch] and ${os.arch}

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 8 01:47:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 03:41, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2009-10-8 19:34, Anders F Björklund wrote:
>
>> Still seems like a design flaw to have build_arch in the "configure"
>> namespace, but that's another story. At least it's not "universal".
>
> That's another point; when a port is built universal, the archive
> needs
> to be tagged with the list of universal_archs instead of the
> build_arch.

I would tag it with both, just to be on the safe side. A poorly-
written configure script could easily build a different universal
binary on a PowerPC Mac than it would on an Intel Mac. It doesn't hurt
to always record the arch of the machine that did the build, and might
at some point prove useful.