tcl needs --disable-corefoundation

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Oct 9 21:42:05 PDT 2009

   I finally puzzled out why the transition from
MacPorts 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 broke my proposed pymol
package. The MacPorts packaging is not building
tcl by passing --disable-corefoundation to
configure. On fink, we found that the 8.5.7
release broke the core-foundation support
and disabled it again.

http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fink/dists/10.4/unstable/main/finkinfo/languages/tcltk-x86_64.info?view=log

I suspect there are bugs that can go
latent at times and then reappear in a later
release. Without the use of --disable-corefoundation
in the tcl build, pymol crashes when built under
either python26 or python25 with the error message...

Tcl_WaitForEvent: CFRunLoop finished
Abort

I'll open a bug report for this as well.
         Jack
ps We also seem to be missing the py26-pmw
subdirectory. A straight adaption of the
py25-pmw subdirectory works fine.