[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_alpha2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Oct 12 17:58:37 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 17:04, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2009, at 16:41, Jack Howarth wrote:
>> Jeremy,
>>  I haven't tested the 2.4.1 rc's yet, but on MacPorts 1.8.1,
>> while attempting to debug the widget problems in my proposed
>> molmol package, I just noticed that the xcalc program in MacPorts
>> is broken as well. The xcalc program in MacPorts opens up a reduced
>> window with the misdrawn buttons and fields. Perhaps this is related
>> to the problems that I am seeing with molmol not rendering its UI
>> widgets.
>>              Jack
>
> Interesting...
>
> I don't see this issue with /usr/X11/bin/xcalc (SnowLeoaprd shipped)
> or /opt/X11/bin/xcalc (MacOSForge.org shipped), but I do see it
> with /opt/local/bin/xcalc (MacPorts shipped) ... I'm befuddled but
> will look into it...

Ahh... I see the problem.  xcalc isn't finding its resource file.
This issue was fixed a while back in our releases but it didn't make
it into MacPorts.  These apps will be getting upstream bumps in the
next week or so, and we'll pull in the fixes at that time.

This issue should have nothing to do with what you're seeing in molmol.

--Jeremy