[59380] trunk/dports/kde/kdelibs4

Jeremy Lainé sharky at macports.org
Wed Oct 14 03:02:56 PDT 2009

>> I haven't bumped the Port version yet as it's a pretty heavy
>> rebuild, and for the fix to actually take effect, you need to
>> rebuild every single KDE4 port.
>
> It does sound like the revision of kdelibs4, and perhaps every other
> kde4 port, should be bumped. Otherwise people who already had the
> port installed won't get your fix. Though if you have other planned
> changes to those ports that will also necessitate version or
> revision bumps, you could wait.

You're absolutely right, there is another issue I'd like to fix before
bumping all the versions, namely:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21973

This bug is a nasty one and it's preventing most KDE apps from
actually working on Snow Leopard.

On a side note, I haven't forgotten about your request to clean up the
kde4 portgroup, I just haven't got round to it.

Cheers,
Jeremy