The opendarwin .com debacle

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Wed Oct 14 16:23:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 03:55:14PM -0700, Scott Haneda wrote:
[snip]

> Can you find the ISP?  I do not think there would be a lot of luck
> hitting up register.com, as domain take downs are a nasty road to go
> down.

	DNS says the IP is '208.185.168.32', which is in space
allocated to above.net.  Reverse lookup of the IP returns:

	208.185.168.32.zipmath.com

	and that appears to be hosted inside of Above.Net's
SJC2 facility.

	zipmath.com appears to belong to someone who is
in Cupertino, CA (see lookups for beffa.com).

		-eric