The opendarwin .com debacle

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Wed Oct 14 20:25:26 PDT 2009

Well, Mat Caughron <mat at caughron.com>, or caughron at gmail.com, who is
the guy who runs the darwinports [dot] com site in question, and who
makes money by confusing our users and soliciting donations for the
work of the macports proejct, none of which ever get to the project,
is a apparently a consultant who professes to specialize in OS and web
security.

Maybe we should just publicize all of the information about what a
sleeze-ball he is about this, and see if it gets back to his clients?
We could put a big banner on our page: "Mat Caughron is a sleezeball:
read more". Maybe we can get some of the trade press to do an article
on people who make money by unethically pretending to be open-source
software projects?

James