Metaport

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Oct 15 05:04:35 PDT 2009

Le 15 oct. 2009 à 12:03, Joshua Root a écrit :

> On 2009-10-15 20:39, vincent habchi wrote:
>> Is there a way to write a "meta-port", a Portfile that would call
>> another Portfile?
>
> With the aim of accomplishing what?

Universal variant for the Atlas port. It is not possible to rely on a
traditional x-way build because the code compiles asm code to detect
CPU type (it is strongly optimized). Muniversal won't work either, so
the solution I was thinking of is to do a first build in 64-bit mode
then another in 32-bit mode then lipo the results. But the Portfile is
complex, so the most easy way to do that would be to call it twice,
instead of modifying it.

Vincent