Clues for the Clueless?

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 11:02:53 PDT 2009

I'd like to take a stab at building Ogg Frog as a MacPort.  But I
don't have the first clue as to how to create a port file from
scratch.  Is there a "Getting Started" tutorial somewhere?

There are several dependencies, some of which might already be in
MacPorts - the various audio codecs, libz, and image format libraries.
 I will need to make a new portfile for ZooLib, and then one for Ogg
Frog itself that pulls all these pieces together.

Given all those dependencies, my final port file may need to be rather
advanced.  I would also like to support it being built as both a Mac
OS X Carbon application as well as an X11 application.  ZooLib can be
built both ways on the Mac, so I'm sure I could do so with Ogg Frog.

(ZooLib is a C++ cross-platform application framework:
http://www.zoolib.org/  It has the MIT License.)

Ogg Frog is not yet released publicly, but when it is it will start
out as an audio player, with new features added with each release
until it could (hopefully) compete with iTunes, WinAmp and Windows
Media Player.  It will be licensed under the GPL.

http://www.oggfrog.com/free-music-software/

Thanks!

Mike
--