Metaport

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Oct 19 10:36:52 PDT 2009

Ryan,

> I don't believe that will be possible with the way the muniversal
> portgroup is written today. Looking in muniversal-1.0.tcl, I see its
> configure phase runs a loop over all requested architectures, and in
> that loop, it copies the worksrcpath to a new worksrcpath with a
> name based on the arch, sets up variables and flags, and then calls
> configure_main from MacPorts base. The muniversal portgroup doesn't
> do anything to change how pre-configure or post-configure are
> handled, so MacPorts base continues to handle this, which means pre-
> configure and post-configure only run once, not once per
> architecture. Also, since the actual worksrcdirs that will be used
> by configure are not created until the configure phase, they don't
> exist yet in pre-configure, so you can't do anything to them there.

That's about the same thing I saw. I tried to add a pre-configure
phase in muniversal, but it seems it is not called by the main
interface, contrarily to other phases. I had not thought about the
configure phase creating directories, but that can easily be switch
from configure to some earlier phase.

> Are these C source files you're patching? If so, is there maybe a
> way to achieve what you want by using a patch which uses the
> __LP64__ #define?

Have a look at the atlas portfile, you'll see. No, that's a Fortran
configuration file.

Vincent