caldav server

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Oct 19 13:38:38 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 7:37 AM, "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke at geeklair.net>
wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2009, at 2:45 PM, William Siegrist wrote:
>> On Oct 18, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>> Off topic, but I am not sure where else to go.  http://trac.calendarserver.org/
>>>  seems to have languished.  Is this no longer a workable project?
>>
>> They committed to their repo 2 days ago.  I suggest you join
>> #calendarserver or mail their list if you need a caldav server.
>
> The last time I looked at it, it was quite annoying to install
> (something that could be fixed by someone writing a good portfile
> for it ;-) ).
>
> I've had good luck with davical (http://rscds.sourceforge.net/)
> (which could probably also use a port)

Annoying to install? That's being nice. It pooped out 12 directories
of junk cause I didn't think to put it in an empty sub folder.

The docs ref files and scripts that don't exist. This is the same cal
server os x server uses? No way is that code base in parity.

I can't even get it to work, it starts, no errors, but no connections
aside from http web admin can be made. All the tutorials are at least
2 years old.

I thought it was me. I also assumed I was not port searching right and
was just missing the port file.

I'll make a port, but so far, irc has never had more than 12 people in
the channel, none of whom are even active.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.