Dependencies for taglib-devel in macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 21 00:40:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 21, 2009, at 02:31, Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> I have to admit, that I am a bit confused now. How can the runtime
> versions of a library (here: taglib) replace the development files
> (headers and libraries for linking, here: taglib-devel) ?

That is not the naming convention used in MacPorts. In MacPorts,
"taglib" is the latest stable version (including all libraries and
headers), and "taglib-devel" is a development version (including all
libraries and headers), which may be later than the latest stable
version, or not (as in this case here). This naming convention is not
documented in the Guide yet, but there is at least a ticket requesting
that documentation:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14540