[59705] trunk/dports/audio

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Oct 21 06:01:39 PDT 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> My recollection is that we had a long argument about it a few years
> ago on the list, and in the end we agreed to use spaces, not tabs.

Every 6 months or so there's a big 'discussion' of this on the list.

Almost every discussion has ended with spaces for base/ and that the
port maintainer should be consistent.

I personally think it's a waste of time to try to force portfile
maintainers to use specific whitespace conventions (also, I'm pretty
sure all of my Portfiles use tabs ;-) ).

It's possible that the last time it was discussed the four people who
really cared about it said that everyone should use spaces (but again,
I think it's kind of silly).

--
Daniel J. Luke