Port review of pure-ftpd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 27 16:42:09 PDT 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 18:17, Scott Haneda wrote:

> I am seeing this on occasion when testing the pure-ftpd port I am
> working on:
>
> $sudo port install +mysql +tls
> Warning: Skipping upgrade since openssl 0.9.8k_0 >= openssl
> 0.9.8k_0, even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin".
> Use 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.

Right. openssl is recorded in your registry as having no variants
selected, but if installed today, openssl's +darwin variant would be
automatically selected. The warning did not exist before MacPorts
1.8.0. Also, MacPorts before 1.8.0 had a bug where specifically the
+darwin variant would not be recorded in the registry, even if it was
selected. You can ignore the warning, or use "sudo port upgrade --
enforce-variants openssl" to rebuild openssl and record the correct
variants in the registry.