[59980] trunk/dports/devel/caml-batteries/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 28 15:44:08 PDT 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 17:33, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2009, at 22:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Oct 28, 2009, at 09:50, avsm at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> disable parallel build to make it reliable
>>
>> Looks like another thing that could get added to a caml portgroup,
>> if someone made one.
>
> well, there are a lot of different build mechanisms for ocaml
> unfortunately (most of which arent parallel safe, but some are).

The portgroup is just for defaults, anyway. You could turn parallel
build off in the portgroup, and then turn it back on in individual
ports where it does work.

> I took a quick look last week, but I'd rather import a few more
> ports and then get the common stuff factored out instead of creating
> a group too early.

Understood. I've been adding features and changing things in the
php5extension portgroup as I add new php5 extension ports, and I will
admit it's tedious to have to then rebuild all the existing php5
extension ports to make sure my change doesn't break them.