Batch replace for livecheck.type and svn.revision

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 2 07:51:42 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 19:09, Rainer Müller wrote:

> I am totally in favor of a batch change, but I would like to give
> users
> a few days of grace period for updating their MacPorts installations.
> Let's say a week is enough? That would be next friday.

Note that we already crippled MacPorts for users of 1.7.1 and earlier
on August 29 by adding license info to 35 ports, including openssl
(which has 274 dependents) and most of the gcc ports (50 dependents).
We've set livecheck.type in git-core, so anything that fetches via git
won't work (13 ports). Before realizing the implications, I used
depends_extract in pango, thus making unavailable on 1.7.1 it and all
its dependents (30 ports) -- one of which is gtk2 (219 dependents). We
could undo these changes now and redo them at a later time, but really
I would rather focus on moving forward with 1.8.0.

Here's the full list of ports that currently cannot be parsed by
MacPorts 1.7.1:

    1 Error: Unable to open port: can't read "build_arch": no such
variable
    1 Error: Unable to open port: can't read "configure.build_arch":
no such variable
    3 Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name
"configure.build_arch"

mpg123
synergy
wine
wine-crossover-games
wine-devel

    2 Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "depends_extract"

pango
pango-devel

   35 Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "license"

bacula
bison
c-ares
cclive
cdo
ctags
flex
gcc33
gcc40
gcc41
gcc42
gcc43
gcc44
gcc45
gst-plugins-bad
ii
isabelle
isabelle-devel
javacc
libANN
mathomatic
mono
ne
openssl
openssl97
py25-cvxopt
py25-pymc
py26-cvxopt
py26-pymc
py26-scikits-talkbox
sic
treecc
uthash
xephem
ykpers

    2 Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "livecheck.type"

git-core
GraphicsMagick