Batch replace for livecheck.type and svn.revision

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 11 01:32:45 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 19:09, Rainer Müller wrote:

>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Rather than make everyone update this themselves, which will take
>>> forever, I propose I do a batch find and replace in all ports,
>>> changing livecheck.check to livecheck.type and svn.tag to
>>> svn.revision. This will make these ports incompatible with MacPorts
>>> 1.7.1 and earlier. Any objections? Any other batch changes I could
>>> be
>>> making now that MacPorts 1.8.0 is out?
>
> I am totally in favor of a batch change, but I would like to give
> users
> a few days of grace period for updating their MacPorts installations.
> Let's say a week is enough? That would be next friday.

Batch changes are done:

  * r57375: change livecheck.check to livecheck.type in ports
  * r57450: change livecheck.check to livecheck.type in portgroups
  * r57378: change svn.tag to svn.revision in ports
  * r57380: remove subversion dependency from ports using "fetch.type
svn"
  * r57382: remove imake dependency from ports using "use_xmkmf"
  * r57453: remove autoconf, automake and libtool build dependencies
from
    ports using "use_autoconf yes", "use_automake yes" or
"use_autoreconf yes"