molmol packaging

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Sep 12 09:17:12 PDT 2009

   Attached is my first attempt at a port from fink to MacPorts.
The original fink info file is pretty simple...

Package: molmol
Version: 2k.2.0
Revision: 1042
CustomMirror: <<
 eur-CH: ftp://ftp.mol.biol.ethz.ch/software/MOLMOL/
 nam-US:http://freedom7.swmed.edu/pub/software/MOLMOL/
<<
Source: mirror:custom:unix-gzip/%n-%v-src.tar.gz
Source-MD5: e1f4416d8041a67fa08cadb03ed91c7c
SourceDirectory: ../%f
Source2: mirror:custom:unix-gzip/%n-%v-doc.tar.gz
Source2-MD5: 517545b60b0179ab691a679ed29903a7
Depends: x11, freeglut-shlibs, openmotif3-shlibs, libtiff-shlibs, libjpeg-shlibs, libpng3-shlibs, mesa-libglw-openmotif3-shlibs
BuildDepends: freeglut, openmotif3, libtiff, libjpeg, libpng3, x11-dev, mesa-libglw-openmotif3, fink (>= 0.24.12)
PatchFile: %n.patch
PatchFile-MD5: 10bf2d62aa8a6402a05403d3ffa16cd1
PatchScript: <<
chmod -R +w *
sed 's|@PREFIX@|%p|g' <%{PatchFile} | patch -p1
<<
CompileScript: <<
#!/bin/sh -ev
make
<<
InstallScript: <<
#!/bin/zsh -efv
 /bin/rm -f **/*.o **/*.c
 mkdir -p %i/share/molmol
 cp -R * %i/share/molmol/.
 mkdir -p %i/bin
 ln -s %p/share/molmol/molmol %i/bin/molmol
 mkdir -p %i/share/doc/molmol
 ln -s %p/share/molmol/COPYING  %i/share/doc/molmol/COPYING
 ln -s %p/share/molmol/man  %i/share/doc/molmol/man
<<
Homepage: http://www.mol.biol.ethz.ch/wuthrich/software/molmol/
DescDetail: <<
MOLMOL is a molecular graphics program for displaying, analyzing,
and manipulating the three-dimensional structure of biological
macromolecules, with special emphasis on the study of protein
or DNA structures determined by NMR. The program runs on UNIX and Windows
NT/95/98/2000 and is freely available.  It does not work properly with RNA.
.
Invoke with command "molmol"
.
molmol files and documentation located in /sw/share/molmol.
<<
License: Restrictive
Maintainer: W. G. Scott <wgscott at users.sourceforge.net>

Out of that build, the only things I haven't ported yet are the
"chmod -R +w *" in their patchscript and the "/bin/rm -f **/*.o **/*.c"
cleanup in their installscript. The packaging attached builds and the
resulting molmol binary can be executed however none of the windows are
populated with the expected widgets. I am building entirely against the
MacPorts x11 headers and libs. I'll cc Jeremy in case he has any ideas
on debugging this.
            Jack
ps As I mentioned before this same set of patches and sources works fine
in fink with openmotif 2.3.2 and freeglut 2.4.0 (which we replaced glut
with long ago). Manually executing "chmod -R +w *" in /opt/local/share/molmol
after installation has no effect on the bug. Oh, if you look at...

http://www.msg.ucsf.edu/local/programs/molmol/manual.html#ui_mainwin

you will see what the window should look like if the program was working
normally.