molmol packaging

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Sep 12 15:14:30 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 04:53:03PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2009, at 14:04, Jack Howarth wrote:
>
>>   I've pretty much convinced myself that the breakage in molmol
>> is in the X support in MacPorts and not the build.
>

> What I get when I try your molmol port is:
>

> [snip]
>

> gcc  -I/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/lib -I/usr/lib -
> I../../tools/include -I../../sg/include -I../../include -DMAXINT=INT_MAX
> -I/opt/local/include -bind_at_load -I../.. -DFUNCPROTO -DTIFF_SUPPORT
> -DJPEG_SUPPORT -DPNG_SUPPORT -O -bind_at_load -Wall -I/opt/local/lib
> -I/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/lib -I/usr/lib -I../../tools/include
> -I../../sg/include -I../../include -DMAXINT=INT_MAX -I/opt/local/include
> -bind_at_load -I../.. -DFUNCPROTO -DTIFF_SUPPORT -DJPEG_SUPPORT
> -DPNG_SUPPORT  -c -o MotOGL.o MotOGL.c
> MotOGL.c:34:26: error: GL/GLwMDrawA.h: No such file or directory
> MotOGL.c: In function 'exposeCB':
> MotOGL.c:46: error: 'GLwDrawingAreaCallbackStruct' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> MotOGL.c:46: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> MotOGL.c:46: error: for each function it appears in.)
> MotOGL.c:46: error: 'callP' undeclared (first use in this function)
>

> [snip]
>

> So GLwMDrawA.h was expected but not found.

Doh, I accidentally deleted my line for the depends_lib on port:glw. Add
that back and the build should complete. My mistake. You'll show still see
the bug though.
         Jack
ps On a more positive note, I just found the proposed pymol 1.1 packaging
from last year that never made it into MacPorts, updated to the 1.2r1 release
of pymol and cleaned up the missing sections of the installation. Now I have
a fully functional pymol running under MacPorts on Snow Leopard. The general
OpenGL support in MacPorts is running perfectly there with all the demos
displaying properly (the previous Portfile didn't install the files for those
to work). I'll work on adding the PyNMR module to that package (although I
need to create a meschach support library package first for the matrix math).
I must say I have found the first feature in MacPorts that definitely is an
advantage over fink. The pymol author kinda regrets making the code open
source so he stopped rolling tarballs. Being able to use...

master_sites    sourceforge
fetch.type      svn
svn.url         https://pymol.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pymol/trunk/pymol
svn.tag         3827

to pull the release svn revision was really nice. In fink, we always struggled
to find hosts for such tarballs.