package validation

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Sep 12 15:55:14 PDT 2009

   Is there anyway to prescan a Profile for validity?
In fink, there is 'fink validate foobar.info" which
will report obvious syntax and policy errors without
building. Do we have anything like that in fink for
either the Portfile or packages produced?
    Also, I noticed the proposed pymol packaging
creates dylib's for the python modules. I am certain
this is a flaw in the configure script of pymol. In
my pymol-py package in fink, I always built with the
ancient Makefile.delsci files since they created
the desired .so python modules.
    Do we have any policies for shared libraries
and modules which would require me to generate those
modules as .so files? I could fix configure and send
those change back upstream if it is an issue.
         Jack
ps After I clean up the pymol packaging a bit more,
I add it back to the current ticket and update it
for 1.2r1.