startupitems and port load

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Sep 13 13:02:14 PDT 2009

>> I propose that we avoid using daemondo only if the portfile
>> explicitly uses launchd, maintaining backwards compatibility.  Any
>> thoughts on this?
>
> You mean flag in the Portfile to indicate if daemondo should be used
> or not?

Indirectly: I mean to use the existing startupitem.type (launchd,
startupitem, etc).  If it's type launchd then we already expect
launchd's behavior and the added wrapping is wasteful.  For this
instance (or any others we deem "safe" to change) we should just
create launchd scripts without daemondo being involved.