configure.build_arch

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Tue Sep 15 17:40:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:25:56PM -0700, Toby Peterson wrote:

> No. From configure's perspective, cross-compiling means building for
> an architecture that your build system can't run. A 64-bit Snow
> Leopard machine can run x86_64, i386, and ppc (with Rosetta).

Normally...but name me another operating system in history where
the architecture detected by config.guess differed so radically
from that of the actual code generation of the system compiler. Any
way, let's leave this discussion sit until we get a response from
the autoconf developers on how they view the situation with
darwin10.
             Jack