request for configure clarifications on darwin10

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Sep 16 06:46:18 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
> ps I do believe config.guess should be patched.

sure, but that's an upstream issue.

> It seems bad form to leave
> config.guess misreporting the architecture in this manner.

Do you have an example of a port (or class of ports) where this
actually causes a real problem?

configure does lots of other stuff that's broken (testing for function
availability with link tests instead of using feature test macros,
inability to deal with multiple architecture builds in a sane way) -
but that doesn't mean MacPorts should be fixing (or attempting to fix
that).

--
Daniel J. Luke