oddity building ports with archiving

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Sep 17 00:06:30 PDT 2009

Jack Howarth wrote:

>    I've noticed an oddity while building local ports
> under MacPorts 1.8.0 with the archiving feature enabled.

>    [...] Otherwise
> when archive is enabled it seems one has to constantly
> delete the archive manually between builds. Or am I missing
> something here?

This is a change introduced with MacPorts 1.8.0,
as previously it would overwrite the old archive:

     - When archive mode is enabled, ports will no longer be rebuilt
if an
       archive is available. (#10785, jmr in r50416)

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/10785
http://trac.macports.org/changeset/50416

So yeah, you will have to clean it manually -
there is no "force" or "rearchive" option yet.

--anders