oddity building ports with archiving

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Thu Sep 17 08:09:06 PDT 2009

>> But no option to the archive command ?
>
> Are you thinking of something like archive --overwrite PORTNAME? That
> does not exist yet, but I think that would be a good idea.

I'm thinking "timestamps", but yeah it would be nice to be
able to get the old functionality back when testing packages.
Either "archive --force" (or --overwrite) or something like
fink rebuild. I'm not sure why following state wasn't enough ?

Now, even if you clear the port and start the build over it will
still ignore the archiving just because it has been done before.
Of course this is all assuming that the archiving also has some
packaging qualities and not just a side-effect of installing...

--anders