[57854] trunk/dports/www/phpmyadmin/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Sep 18 06:48:39 PDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I didn't realize there had been a specific decision not to do
> anything about configuration files in MacPorts base; I figured it
> was just something nobody had gotten to yet. There is an open ticket:

IIRC, the discussion in the past (which resulted in the decision to
not do anything specific for conf files) included what to do if/when
conf file formats change, or the sample files include new
configuration options, etc.

While you can try to be 'really clever', it's easy to end up in a
situation where you strangely mangle a user's conf file and they have
to go in and fix things manually.
--
Daniel J. Luke