darwin may lose primary target status on FSF gcc

Olivier Le Floch alakazam at macports.org
Fri Sep 18 18:03:58 PDT 2009

> 	Is there a reason there's ongoing discussion of
> gcc 4.x on a macports related list instead of on a gcc
> list?

Seing as there are numerous math-related ports that depend on gcc-
related ports, I'd think raising this issue on this mailing list is
*particularly* adequate — raising it in 3 successive separate mails
might not be optimal, though ;)

FWIW, as the octave maintainer, it would seem to me that understanding
the options that we'll have in the future for fortran code compilation
is quite important, and the discussion between Toby and Jack seems
interesting to me.